Sunday, May 18, 2008

What a weekend!



I guess I should give you an update on my seizures. I think I told you sometime ago that my phenobarbital levels were too low and the doctor doubled my dosage. After that happened I actually had more severe seizures about once a week. Mom was very upset but she waited a little bit to see if it was just a temporary thing. Then I went to the doctor again and he gave me his own phenobarbital pills just to make sure that the ones I was having were still good. No luck, I still had some seizures.

Mom called the vet again and he decided that we were going to try something new. So yesterday, I started taking potassium bromide along with the phenobarbital twice a day. Although my white cell counts were normal, the vet also thought that I should take some antibiotics because I may have some infection since my heat period lasted for over 2 months.

Mom was a bit apprehensive about how I would react to taking all this medication, but so far so good. I know that Mom is trying to get me well, so I try my best to take my pills and my liquid potassium bromide.

And finally, today, I did not have a single accident, so Mom was very happy. Now Mom gives me a treat every time I go to the bathroom outside. I love treats... Yum yum yum!

No comments: