Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My new home update

Hello again!
These last few days have been really exciting for me. I can't remember if I told you but on Saturday Mom gave me a bath and cut my nails. She also cleans my ears three times a day--I think she is crazy if you ask me, or maybe just a stubborn lady. Anyway, I love the attention and my ears are getting better.

Then yesterday, my Dad took me to the vet where Alfred goes. Boy, that Alfred is a popular pug. The ladies at the vet asked about him as soon as we came in and even told my dad to tell him "Hi" from them. They also thought I was cute because I'm so tiny. The vet office was a bit noisy but I just slept on my Dad's lap. It felt so good...

The vet did blood work on me to check my phenobarbital medicine levels. (Mom told them to do it because she had forgotten to give me my pill in the morning. She felt really guilty about it but I told her it was OK because I still have not had any epileptic seizures since I moved in with my new family. I told her not to forgot ever again and she said she would do her very best.) I'll get the results on Wednesday, so wish me luck. They also cleaned my ears and I did not like that at all. And they gave Mom medicine to put in my ears--I keep telling Mom to not put that stuff in my ears because it tickles, but Mom is stubborn. But I know she's right because my hears are feeling better and they don't smell any more. My skin is also looking better, so Mom is super-happy for me.

So far, the only problem I have is that I have a hard time going potty outside. I have accidents in the house and today I was really bad because I peed in my crate while Dad was at work and I fell asleep on the wet blanket. I shouldn't have done it because Dad took me out during the day but I am still learning, I guess. Mom said that she will do some research on how to help me.

And that's it, I am doing great so far and I am still learning my way around the house and how to tell my parents what I want. Alfred has been giving me hints and he even checks up on me during the night to make sure I'm alright. My brother Alfred is the best!

No comments: